You could just tell him you’re ready to get engaged, but that might just scare the hell out of him. If you think your man is ready, trying some subtle hints is more than enough to get him to make a move. It’ll take a little time, but you can get your man to propose. Do it right and you’ll be the next one on Facebook and Instagram with your engagement ring selfie. Here are TOP 5 Hints for you; and it is so subtle; he won't even know that you are giving the extra push :)
1. The Internet This is the most subtle way. Leave your laptop on with pages displaying ideas about engagement rings. Or have your favourite jewellery website like www.thelovediamondstore.com and when you know he’ll be looking, leave the site up on the screen and walk away to do something else. He’ll get curious and get the hint you’re ready for a proposal ring.
2. Do more together Men are terrified if you reject them. They’re also afraid you might just lose interest in him. Show him you’re in this for the long haul. Start doing more things together. Start exploring each other’s interests or try out new things together. The more you do together, the more he’ll see you as wife material. Perhaps pamper each other with a couples spa; our lifestyle boutique is offering irresistible romantic spa packages; check it out here at www.suencouples.com.
3. Know HIS FRIENDS. If you’re friends with his friends, get them to help. He’ll be more likely to act if one of his close friends asks why he hasn’t proposed yet. It’s even better if you can work with one of his married friends. He’ll feel more comfortable hearing advice from someone who’s already taken the plunge.
4. GET YOUR FRIENDS TO TALK TO HIM. Telling him upfront that you’re ready for marriage might seem like the easiest approach, but it’s awkward as hell. Get one of your friends to bring up the engagement subject with him to see how he reacts. He knows if your friend is talking about it, you’re probably ready for him to slide the engagement ring on your finger.
5. TALK ABOUT HOW LUCKY YOUR FRIEND IS TO BE ENGAGED. It is common to have at least one friend who recently got engaged. Who doesn’t? Show him photos of your friends getting engaged or had a romantic proposal. Gush about how lucky your friend is to take that next step. He’ll get the hint.
6. CASUALLY CHECK OUT ENGAGEMENT RINGS. Women love sparkly things. The next time you’re out together, walk by a jewellery store and point out a few rings. Don’t mention the word “engagement” or “marriage.” Casually show him or share with him how perfect the love diamond cut is, making the diamond sparkle like a million tiny suns. If he is ready, he will be more interested in your sharing. Stroll in to The Love Diamond store at Suen Jewellers one Saturday. You would love the new collection of engagement rings and matching wedding bands from our Beautiful Duet Collection.
7. TAKE A NEW STEP IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP. If there’s any way possible, try taking a new step in your relationship. If you don’t live together, suggest getting a place or staying over so many nights a week. Take longer trips together or just spend more time together in general. He’ll see that you’re serious about staying together which helps reduce his fear of rejection.
In all said, if a guy really doesn’t want to get married, he’ll still avoid buying the engagement ring. Give these a try and if he doesn’t make a move within six months or so, he’s probably not ready. Then it’s time to just ask him how he feels.
We wish you best of luck and do share with us your feedback or comment if you have more subtle ideas. We are just a “ring” away.